Thursday, January 31, 2013



Killing time before I had to get ready and leave for my classes, I found myself watching reruns of Cold Case and trying to write! (I like to multitask.) All this is has made me think about what other things I can spend my time on.

1. A Sushi-making class: I had a former student who teaches a class and maybe it would be a nice change to be the student. I know B would like to try this one out with me as we both share the passion for eating Japanese food. This could save us some money too as good sushi is never cheap!

2. Volunteer work: I´ve found one catered for foreigners like me living in Spain. They organize something every 3 months and usually on a Saturday. I can´t say I have done much on this end apart from throwing a Christmas party for homeless kids back in 2007 in the Philippines. I would like to do more and help.

3. Continue Spanish classes and take the DELE. I´ve been practicing and using all that I had learned from 2010 and 2011 when I was going to class 3 hours each week. I want to take it a step further and really speak and understand the language well and along the way get a certificate from the Instituto Cervantes.

4. Spinning classes: I used to go 4 times per week but again back in the Philippines! It is my preferred way of doing cardio exercise. These days, the only cardio activity I do is brisk walking.

5. Cook more. My teaching schedule has lessened the time that I spend in the kitchen. I´ve also allowed myself to get too caught up in other chores around the house which seem to be piling up! There are just too many dishes that are still waiting to be tested out.

Fast forward to 2 hours later. I started preparing some lunch. It´s another one of those dishes that I have pinned and always wanted to try -- Honey Glazed Chicken and Bacon Bites. Based on the positive feedback from B and Sylvie who both had some, this is definitely going to be repeated for other times. I really enjoyed it as it so easy to prepare and tasty! I like to eat it with a bit of rice though and that´s me being Asian.

No comments: